Why Join TAB
You probably have some questions about why you should join TAB. What are the benefits, and how will it help my business grow? Here are some answers for you.
- Record of State Success: For most of you the resources aren’t there to track thousands of pieces of legislation, know when and where to testify and to meet with all of the members of the legislature. That’s where the most powerful business lobby in the state comes in. The Texas Association of Business is well respected at the Capitol and knows how to represent your interests before the legislature. No organization is better at tracking, testifying and fighting for legislation that will help the business climate in Texas, or killing legislation that will hurt it. Don’t take our word for it. The Texas Tribune called the TAB “the most powerful conservative business lobby,” and Texas Monthly named TAB CEO Bill Hammond one of the 25 most powerful Texans. That’s the kind of team you want on your side.
- Washington Representation: It also takes resources to represent the interests of Texas businesses in Washington DC. Being a member of the Texas Association of Business brings that expertise to you as well. We have a lobbyist in Washington that is constantly tracking legislation that will affect the business climate and working for and against that legislation. The launch of the TAB’s Texas Center for Federal Policy also means that you will be part of the solution to long-term problems like the debt, Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
- Helping Your Bottom Line: Wouldn’t it be great if you could save over $2300.00 per employee in direct and indirect costs. That’s the savings TAB has helped you recognize because of its lobbying and grassroots campaigns on behalf of Texas businesses. Your bottom line also benefits from health care savings and special purchasing power on things like shipping. TAB also provides members with access to personal consulting from issue experts that can save your company thousands of dollars in potential fines and litigation. Discounted health and life insurance for small companies provides even greater value for your membership dollars.
As someone in business you know that the bottom line matters, so here are some bottom line reasons to join TAB.
- Access – No other business organization in Texas gives you the kind of access to experts in Washington and Austin that the TAB does. Our experts are well known in both Capitols and know how to represent your business interests. Our lobbyists are the best in the business for your business.
- Influence – You will know exactly what’s happening with legislation and issues that can affect your business, giving you the influence to get involved and make a difference. Through tools like this website, social media, position briefs, our “State Affairs” email update, and the “Texas Business Report,” just to name a few, we give you the information to make a difference.
- Protection – Being a member of TAB offers your business benefits and information that will help you and your employees. There are special health and insurance benefits available only to TAB members. There is also legal and human resources help exclusive to our membership, like the “Texas Employment Law Handbook” at a discounted rate and our professional employment relations hotline.