Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts
What we’re doing:
TAB has several member businesses, organizations and others that are willing to provide services and assistance to businesses in the storm affected areas. If your business could benefit from the services listed, please reach out to us directly via the form at the bottom of the page, by emailing email@example.com, or calling 512-637-7714.
Services Offered To Date:
- Plumbing repairs, remodels, and service
- Coastal edge construction and excavations
- Waste cleanup and disposal
- IT Infrastructure, network, and data recovery
- Sanitary sewer hauling
- Generator providers
- General contracting services
- Debris clean up
- Carpet cleaning and water extraction
- Office furniture resources i.e. chairs, desks, workstations
- Machinist services (offer to assist in filling existing orders)
FEMA – https://www.fema.gov/
- Find up-to-date information on returning home and cleaning up. Dispel any rumors, view all our coverage, and find out how you can help.
- How individuals, business owners can apply for FEMA assistance
Applicants may apply for help from FEMA by registering on the website DisasterAssistance.gov. There is also a FEMA app for smartphones and tablets.
People without internet access may sign up by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362). Though FEMA administrators caution the call load is heavy and calling is not the best option.
- What to do if your business is damaged Click Here
IRS Tax Relief Information – Click Here
Local Banks Assist with Business Recovery
- Business Loan Recovery Program-180 day loans at 4% fixed interest rate for business recovery are being offered by local banks through December 31. Contact Texas First Bank or Moody National Bank. Please see more information here. Click Here
Red Cross – http://www.redcross.org
- To Volunteer-http://www.redcross.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer
Small Business Administration – https://www.sba.gov/
Texas Workforce Commission – http://twc.state.tx.us
- Information for Employers and Job Seekers
If you are an employer seeking employees or are seeking employment Click Here
- TWC is accepting applications for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) as a result of severe weather due to Hurricane Harvey. Under Presidential Disaster Declaration (FEMA 4332-DR) dated August 25, 2017, workers who lost their jobs and self-employed individuals who have been unable to work due to damage sustained from Hurricane Harvey may be eligible for relief. Applications for DUAmust be submitted by September 27, 2017. TWC’s website contains more information about Disaster Unemployment Assistance. Individuals can apply for disaster unemployment benefits online through Unemployment Benefit Services or by calling a TWC Tele-Center Monday through Friday between 8a.m. and 5 p.m. at 800-939-6631.